Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 139: another happy Monday.

Sorry for all the happiness, but I thought this was worth a mention. My sister is taking her own mini-break off the piss (three weeks) and reported this morning, a Monday, feeling unnaturally happy on arriving at work. Another non-drinking Monday happy camper. Also interesting was some information imparted to me by my hair cutter (extraordinaire) Julianne: that in chinese medicine the liver is credited with keeping our emotions in balance (or sending them violently out of whack as the case may be). After some (admittedly quite shallow) digging on my part, it seems she is entirely right. Who would have thought? Not ignorant little me, but it certainly adds up. One of the most obvious outcomes of my not drinking so far has been consistent happiness, where before there was pretty much consistent frustration and disappointment and a gloomy outlook on my future prospects. To think giving my liver a chance to sort it's shit out would result in such a profound about turn in emotional okayness (which, by the way, is not a word). So, the liver as governor of the emotions. I'm happy with that (and basically everything else).

No comments:

Post a Comment