Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 125: getting vocal.

Blah blah blah. That's one of the little techniques I learnt on Saturday at my first vocal coaching session. The spoken blahs are designed to remind you what your mouth and throat are meant to feel like while you're singing. Anyway, last night I tried my first lot of breathing and vocal exercises, followed by trying the new techniques in some of my existing songs: I am freaking excited. The difference in control, quality of sound, volume and strength across my range was profound, and this is only after some very piffling and rudimentary work. I mean, at this point I still basically know nothing and I'm already sounding distinctly better. Imagine what might be to come! Anyway, I am very pleased so far with this foray into actually knowing how to sing, and am looking forward to doing more practice tonight. (Singing nerdism! Add it to the list...)

No comments:

Post a Comment