Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 109: pissed of with people.

Okay, so my little brother's new friend was a perfectly nice individual. Charming enough, sociable, pleasant and chatty. I can see why my brother likes him. But he's still definitely trouble as far as my brother's liver is concerned. Anyway, as I said yesterday, it's not up to me to tell anyone how to do things. People can do what they want, and take the consequences that come with. Stepping away from the company my brother keeps for a moment, I am only disappointed that people don't choose more often to be unselfish, considerate, and maybe just a little less mental some of the time. As humans we are by nature idiosyncratic. We do things in our own quirky little ways, and we don't always have the time to be considering how our actions will impact on others. I get this. But today I just got a little over being the one who is always stepping back from the insult, acknowledging the perpetrator's particular circumstances and forgiving the misdemeanour. I got over people and their ever so charming fucked-upness. I desired the company of some maybe mildly balanced individuals, who can stick to a plan to get together, handle spontaneous developments calmly, be pleasant and relaxed while they're around, and not freak out at the slightest provocation. So I went and had brunch with Niccola, one of the few uninsane, always pleasant and considerate people I know. And it was lovely, and I wasn't pissed off at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment