Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 104: no memory.

Today one of my new work colleagues introduced herself to me. For the second time. Naturally, I was a bit baffled by the "You must be Claire" introduction, because I had heard it only days ago at the work party on Friday, in pretty much those exact words. Of course all the bafflement was cleared up when she revealed she was drunk as a skunk by the point of our conversation (or thought she must have been, because she couldn't in fact remember having had the conversation at all). Now I'm not judging, because I have in my time spent entire evenings with people at parties, only to blank them on the street as though I've never met them. It's a little thing called alcohol induced brain damage, something I used to find almost a bit funny, but now find kind of freaking horrific and appalling. Suffice to say, I am very happy that profound memory loss is no longer something I can expect from a regular night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment