Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 105: struggling, not struggling.

Okay so I have to be honest with you. Over the past little while I have been struggling with a few things. First, I have been grappling with the same music issues that have plagued me for ages: mainly what kind of music project is the right one to pursue. The problem is that I write a lot of different styles and moods of song. They don't all fit together in a group. With limited time to spend developing things, it's hard to know which way to go. If you explore everything, you don't get anywhere. I don't have all the time in the world, and I want to make progress. I need to choose a direction and run with it. Second, I just don't have enough time to do everything all of a sudden. Things are hectic. There are things that need doing that aren't getting done. Not catastrophic things, but things nevertheless. I would like to have more time to think about what I tell you guys each day, for example, but at the moment I'm scrambling to get anything written at all. I apologise for this. I am not fond of a rushed job. Funnily enough, the one thing I'm really not struggling with is not drinking. In fact it's probably the reason I'm coping with anything at all (and finding it difficult to think of interesting things to write about. 365 days of not drinking with extreme ease. A nice reality, but not the most entertaining read.). To think I used to be able to function on a raging hangover. Or did I? I seem to remember stringing sentences together becoming almost impossible on hangover days. Not the best state of affairs for someone whose livelihood depends on beautiful armies of word soldiers marching along in neat, orderly and perfectly functioning lines. Anyway. In actual fact all is fine and relatively under control. And freaking out about things never helped anybody. I will simply keep the ball rolling, try and keep things interesting, and see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment