Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 180: no time for anything.

It has to be one of capitalism and evolution’s biggest jokes that contemporary humans are such slaves to the dollar. To think that once upon a time, our caveman selves worked only to find food, keep warm and procreate, when now we slave day, night and beautiful sunny Sundays to make yet more bucks for whomever we work, in order that we may in turn have dollars enough to pay for numerous unessential things. Ironic too, that a system claiming to be all about the freedom of the masses, mostly keeps us chained to our desks. For my own part, I have had very little time for anything except work over the last few days, as we are in the thick of a pitch. I have managed to exercise, to grab bits of time with my Dad, to attend a fifth birthday party and to sleep. Which is probably doing better than some. In fact I need to sleep now. For blog writing too it seems, I just don’t have enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment