Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 162: aggro all round.

Not sure what it is about right now but I'm copping it from all sides. Today I wasn't feeling pissed off in the slightest. Yesterday's news of the loss of an old friend put some of my petty issues in perspective and made me rethink my approach of greater selfishness as the way forward. More selfishness is not what the world needs now. So I wasn't feeling angry today. There's a possibility I was feeling a little bit sad. But whatever it was, it hasn't agreed with some of the people around me. One co-worker heckled me for not walking the halls with a constant grin plastered on my face, while another repeatedly accused me of being negative when I patently was not. I just seem to be a shit-magnet right now. It's enough to drive a girl to drink. Not this girl obviously, but it would be understandable if a girl in similar circumstances might reach for a cuddly glass of red. Oh well, what can you do? Go to yoga, try and chill the flip out, and hope you'll be less misunderstood in future (or curl up into a ball and suck your thumb. That always worked when I was little.).

P.S. This is the current theme tune of my life, by my favourite band of the moment, The Soft Pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment