Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 152: Easter eat-a-thon.

I don't know if it's the same with all families, but with mine, when it comes to holidays and big occasions we tend to eat. We also tend to drink a lot too, although today there were at least a few of us who weren't (wonders will never cease). When I think of how much actually got (and gets) consumed on this occasion (and on the many frequent others) it shouldn't be surprising to me that I sometimes feel the insidious creep of chub on my bones. Today's fare was an impressive spread of Italian themed dishes supplied by various family members, and because we are a family of avid cooks, pretty much all of it was enticingly tasty and in need of trying. Even eating a tiny bit of each left me decidedly full, and then - of course - there was the chocolate. Thank Christ for the run my brother and I went on this morning, is all I can say, thank Christ for the post lunch stroll to the park, and thank the Lordy that I wasn't drinking on top of it all. (Thanks also for rising from the dead on this day all those centuries ago, so we could have this gluttonous, but extremely enjoyable celebration at all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment