Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 161: oh man.

Today I found out an old primary school and family friend my age committed suicide over the weekend. He was a really cool guy, one of my very early boyfriends in fact (so early in fact that I never even kissed him. I think we were eleven, and the thought of kissing really freaked me out at that point). He was also always really funny and happy and up, and smart and a talented swimmer. All of which makes it even more appalling that such a bright spark of a boy would take his own life. It certainly puts my stupid party in perspective. I seem to remember my Mum had him pegged out as a husband for me. Now she's gone, and so is he. As Dad said on the phone, it is a part of life. This mental, difficult, painful, punishing, awesome, beautiful and constantly amazing life.

1 comment:

  1. This is so sad. It is such a tragedy when you hear of someone taking their own life. It does put our lives into perspective thats for sure...

    My thoughts are with his family and friends who must be going through such shock and feeling this terrible loss.

    I hope that you are doing OK X

    ReplyDelete