Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 87: make like a tree.

After another frazzling day, I am going to do the only thing I can fathom: pack up my puter and head for the hot room. As I think I have pointed out before, without bottles of red or white at your disposal, the only effective way to unwind is to exercise. Tonight I'm choosing yoga because it should hopefully give me calmness in the head department, coupled with an energy shot for my bod (which this week it sorely needs). Whoopee whizz fizz pop bang wallop. I'm tired. Can you tell? So yeah, as I begin to contemplate the coming tree-pose, it is also time to do something else tree-like: leave. (Tee hee. Thank you Back to the Future. Although as I recall, Biff always got the joke wrong: "Why don't you make like a tree and get outta here!" Poor boy. Not very clever.)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire
    I have just sat down and spent all morning reading your blog from start to finish. I have found it so interesting! There are a lot of similarities between to two of us. I too am an expat kiwi who can't drive (at 28). I too have a different nasty personality who comes out when I'm on the piss!(her name is bad Amy)
    I was wondering if you have any theories as to WHY control is an issue for you when it comes to drinking? I have the problem where once i start drinking, I can't slow down. To combat this i rarely drink now, but i would LOVE to be one of those people who can go and enjoy a few nice drinks without taking it too far. Is it the same for you? Once you pop you cant stop (untill its too late and your dancing on a table?)
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy, and yes that's exactly how it is. Get a whiff of a bevvie and I'm on the fast train to obliteration city. I think for me it has something to do with freedom and rebelling, and the extremism I've talked about before. Like if you're gonna do something, go hard! Maybe it's a kiwi thing?? Of course, the fact that alcohol is fiendishly addictive might have something to do with it too.

    ReplyDelete