Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 66: YEAH YEAH YEAH.

Hooray! Tonight I'm going to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and I'm excited. I have freakin loved their latest album and I'm really interested to see how they handle the electronic elements live, not to mention what Karen O is doing with her hair and her stage get-up these days. She's the man. Seriously. This whole tour is cute too because the Yeah Yeahs have made a conscious effort to play all ages venues. I heard an interview with Nick Zinner and he said the move was motivated by his own frustration at not being able to see cool bands when he was 16. I totally see his point. I mean, 16 year olds are retarded for their favourite bands. Way more up for it than tired 32 year olds like me (but not actually me because I'm TOTALLY up for it and currently have energy to burn!). So the kids will be out in force. Yeah! And that should mean the range of non-alco-bevs should be better than usual. Yeah! And in other news, on my way to work this morning I saw a normal lad in his early twenties, sitting at a table reading the newspaper and drinking a beer. Yeah! Sinking your first schooner at ten to nine in the morning? Oh what a glorious future all those under-agers have to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment