Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 255: wow, great meeting!

I just got back from a meeting with Beth, first potential other member of my new band. I am really excited. Kind of freakily so actually, like jittery with ideas. I kind of felt the jitters rising like a tide as we shared our thoughts. It turns out (actually I sort of discovered this at a previous meeting, hence asking her to join the band) that Beth and I think rather scarily similarly. It's almost to the point of speaking each other's thoughts. That was what this meeting was like. I think it augers well for a creative endeavour. Only I don't want to get so excited that I turn the whole thing into some unreal thing that cannot be achieved. It is simply enough to say I'm pretty sure we will work well together, and then get on with the doing of the work. And of course, we've never played music together, so who knows how that will turn out? All in good time, all in good time. And now I need to calm down. Chamomile tea anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment