Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 211: vegetable soup.

Work has been a little hectic this week, but this evening I found myself quite miraculously at home at a reasonable hour. Usually, if I wasn't working, I would be exercising of an evening, but because I have the cold that won't quit and a nose I can't breathe through, yoga-ing or jogging in the night air were not options. Neither was singing practice because of my current squeak-voice. And so a glorious expanse of early night time stretched before me. I decided to make vegetable soup. At the beginning of this week I ordered a box of organic fruit and veg online. On Monday evening it arrived, packed with more food than I could poke a stick at (or, more correctly, fit in the fridge). So all week I have been doing my darnedest to plough through my mountain of silver beet, lettuce, carrots, potatoes, beans, tomatoes, etc. Lucky I like my greens (oranges, reds...). Tonight's soup deftly and deliciously took care of what had been a worrying quantity of vegetables, and some even more worrying tempeh whose ruthlessly earthy flavour it successfully masked. It was also exactly the wholesome and relaxing task I needed to make me feel like a happy humanoid again. And now I have megahealthy soup for at least a couple of lunches. You never know, packed as it is with organic awesomeness, it might just help me clamber out of cold land and breathe freely through my nasal passages once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment