Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 337: the power of a decision.

It's quite miraculous the difference just deciding on something can make. For example, since I decided I'm going to New York in six months, everything in my life seems to have fallen into a sort of marching order. It's like now I have a defined point to work around, I kind of know where everything belongs in relation to that point. The simple act of making a decision has brought perfect clarity to my vision, and that clarity has made it a million times easier to take action. In fact over the last little while, since I committed to my NY plan, I have speedily done all sorts of things I'd been putting off for ages. And it's not like anything really happened to spur the decision-making. I didn't get a job or a visa or anything. I just decided the thing, and believed in the decision. Kind of like I did with this year off the piss (although I wasn't 100% sure I'd make it - and let's not forget, I haven't made it yet). Why then, don't I just make the decision to be a rock star, and then follow through? Maybe it all just seems to be too big or cool a thing for me to fully believe in. Or maybe it's just I haven't worked out what the actual steps to take towards rock stardom really are. I heard a saying today, "a goal without a plan is just a dream". If I really want the music to happen, I need to stop treating it like a dream and turn it into a step-by-step. (Which, incidentally, I think we established the other day. I'm just a bit slow on the uptake.)

No comments:

Post a Comment